RE: The Europ Rescue Service

Subject: RE: The Europ Rescue Service
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 07:15:12
Hi! Bryan/All
Absolutely!
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-europa@post.aviators.net

The idea of having friends arround the world to turn to when in trouble, is
first class!

Personnally, I would be delighted to help fellow Europans in most possible
ways, providing they were prepared to help others in the same way. I have
yet
to meet an unpleasant Europa owner, perhaps because self building of a
particular type of aeroplane is a natural selection process. Having said
that
though, life's bitter experiences have shown me that the types that will
exploit our goodwill are the types that destroy it, and they do exist in all
walks of life.

May I suggest that the rescue service will only be available to those who
join up to provide it, and that membership can be withdrawn on the
'Blackball' basis when it has been illustrated to the organisation that a
member clearly miss-understands the spirit of the thing.

Clearly we would all be wise to carry a mobile on away trips. Carrying the
membership list on board, or contacting home for the info' should be no
problem. Then selecting the nearest appropriate good Samaritan would be
straight forward.

Even the knowledge that a kindred spirit will be picking you up and taking
you to some form of public transport would be a terrific comfort when your
baby has conked.

Any additional support and sympathy would really nice, but we must all be
very careful not to abuse that kindness by not paying our way in full. The
nicest guys will often refuse payment for their petrol, etc., but we should
have a code that is standard. Viz: Time and effort should not be charged
for,
but the rescued should ensure that the rescuer is not embarrassed into
having
to ask.

For most of us money and the support of one's spouse is not going to be a
problem, but others may never realise that they have intruded on a sensitive
situation.

Maybe we will have to pay Europa 5.00 each to maintain and issue up to date
lists illustrating current membership of approved subscribers. So be it if
it
means maintaining the integrity over a proud group of fellow flyers. I am
sure that they will find a way out of making an honest shilling (dime) out
of
it. It will also give them a way of keeping in touch and updating us their
latest.

That's my twopenny worth (cent's worth). Hope it contributes.

Bryan Allsop G BYSA