Re: The Europ Rescue Service

Subject: Re: The Europ Rescue Service
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 19:23:09

 I think that this is an excellent idea, not sure on the logistics
yet, but I am thinking about it.

Perhaps we could gather a list of parts co-odrinators, 24 hour
storage facilities and willing free delivery club members.

One example:-

Any one of the co-ordinators could dispatch parts from any of the
facilities in any country. We would ideally have 24 hour access to the
parts and could use for example a UK co-ordinator to dispatch UK parts
during the day and perhaps a US co-ordinator to dispatch UK parts at
night and vice versa, by contacting the relevent parcel service to go
pick the parts up. To save money, perhaps we could have a loose rota
of people who would be willing to collect the parts themselves and
take them to the relevent airfields in their area in preference to
paying for a parcel company to deliver.

I would be happy help in what ever way I can. The more people we have
involved, the less the burden on the few!

Ideas?

As I am not actually flying yet :-( I cannot be sure exactly what
parts would be needed. Perhaps we should set up a database of
component failures that people have experienced with their Europas and
the cost of the replacement parts. We could include hours flown to
failure just for a more rounded picture.

Regards

Ed

Quoting Jim Naylor <jnaylor@avnet.co.uk>:

The thoughts so far, are for
> the
> club to offer assistance, to get your plane back to base. It should
be
> made
> clear from the start that this would be get you home assistance, and
is
> not
> intended to be a spare parts service for aircraft that are tucked up
in
> bed
> at their home base off line due to unavailable parts, although the
club
> is
> also considering a spares service to run along side this scheme to
help
> out
> in these circumstances.

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm