Torque tube

Subject: Torque tube
From: tgynz <tgynz@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:34:54
Dear Sirs and Madams,
Perhaps the torqueing of the tube could be relieved by pinning the butt rib
of the tailplanes way close inboard on the tube.
Currently, it seems the surfaces has a pivoting point at the pin so that
they can float around.
If we isolate the torque at the root, then maybe all will be ever so ducky.
It would be great to have the OEM pin installation to survive.
It will be nifty to have the tailplanes quick detach.
Can there be a slight interference fitting slot molded on the butt rib aft
that could fit over a welded tab slotted through the torque tube, positioned

Else mebbe permanent install w/ a slathering of epoxy.

I still have many fortnights to ponder this detail, as construction is yet
still not scheduled.
I'm sure that I'll need to check my resins and such for shelf lives.

Q ?: Are there any reports of gear or handling problems w/ fixed
conventional gear?

Nic  xs-a145
:)