instrument sub-panel

Subject: instrument sub-panel
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:04:31
Further to the earlier discussion about cutting holes in aluminium
sheet, I have some information for UK people.

John Cliff spotted a firm advertising in a car restoration magazine
and passed their details on to me. They weren't able to quote over
the phone, so I sent them a .DXF file containing a quick sketch of
the 6-hole sub-panel as described in Nigel Charles' mod document
(available to Europa Club member FoC). It's just 6 holes about 80mm
dia on a piece of aluminium just big enough to contain them, with a
rounded top left-hand corner. I didn't bother to include the mounting
holes for instruments or for the panel itself, as they can easily be
drilled in the home workshop. They sent the following response by
return:

>Instrument panel - To cut holes only in material supplied = 14.63
>Instrument panel - Complete including material = 20.64.
>
>The above prices include VAT. Carriage is extra subject to size/weight of
>package, however, should you have any further questions please do not
>hesitate to contact us.

Which sems very fair in comparison to the cost of a large holesaw. So
the firm is Maxitrak, their e-mail address is <info@maxitrak.co.uk>
and their website is <http://www.maxitrak.co.uk>.

Hope this helps!

regards