Cabosil

Subject: Cabosil
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:28:07
Martin Carolan tells me that SP Systems on the Isle of Wight supply
small quantities of Aerosil or Cabosil. They have various retail
outlets around the UK and he uses a company called Marineware in
Southampton.

I should have thought of that myself as I bought my peel-ply & other
stuff from Marineware. The catalogue I have lists it as colloidal
silica, available in 1 litre packs at UK pounds 2.87 (but the minimum
order of this size is 5 packs), or a 5 litre pack at UK pounds 4.41.
(And much larger sizes for the more ambitious!)

Incidentally (at the risk of upsetting the Europa factory), I must
say I much prefer the SP mixing cups as supplied by Marineware - they
are tougher and cheaper than the ones Europa supply! Also, I keep a
sample of the mix from each layup for Martin's inspection, and I find
that after curing it just pops out of the SP cup, whereas I usually
have to destroy the Europa cup to get my sample out.

Phone Marineware on 023 8033 0208, fax on 023 8033 9667, or e-mail
<marineware@compuserve.com>.

You can also check out info direct from SP Systems on their website -
see the link on the Europa Club website <www.europaclub.org.uk>.

regards

Rowland