Europa Tailplane Torque Tube Drive Pins.

Subject: Europa Tailplane Torque Tube Drive Pins.
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:49:03
Hi! Guys.
I would like to concur with Tony Krzyzewski, the torque tube is a highly
stressed item and methods of addressing the current problem of wear in these
vexed pins should enable the original
design to remain untouched.
Hence, our clamps which will encompass all bare TP4 tube between the TP12's
and the TP 9 with a 0.030" maximum grip on diameters of the TP12's ,the
central portions of the Torque tube TP4 and the TP9 will not interfere with
the original design and will therefore with the clamping action
reinforce the torque tube against bending stresses and so enhance the
design.
I would appreciate the calculation guru's assisting with some calcs. on
this statement?
Best regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG