Cabin Heat

Subject: Cabin Heat
From: Christine Timm <cptimm@intergate.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 21:13:15
For those of you interested in cabin heat, my solution was fairly simple,
since  the Europa factory supplied a very good muffler with their exhaust
system for the Classic.

I inserted a 5" length of slightly oversized alu. tubing with a 1" wide
strip cut out of it lengthwise into the heat exchanger stub on the
port-side. The slit is facing forward and the end of the pipe closed, Rivets
hold everything together. Like many other Classic builders, I have relocated
my oil-cooler under the spinner and the scoop opening supplies the intake
air for the heating system. A RV heat-box from Aircraft Spruce, P/N 08-04115
is attached to the starboard side of the heat-exchanger, operated by a
bowden cable and connected by 2" scat tubing to another heat box through the
firewall on the starboard side. Another length of scat tubing connects to
two directional eyeball outlets set low in the centre of the panel below the
radio.

Sorry but this approach may not be much help to XS builders;  good luck in
finding an alternate solution.  Now, I have only to find a way to supply
optional cold air through the same system for summer flying!

Cheers

Peter Timm
Surrey, British Columbia