Re: resin pump [was: wet close out's]

Subject: Re: resin pump [was: wet close out's]
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:00:29
Yes, we found that our pump dripped a little. The hardner tube would
end up with a crusty tip and an air bubble in the highest part of the
tube. It's no big deal. We just used a screw to clean the hardner
tube, then primed the pump before use. I suspect that it dripped after
being put in the hot cupboard due to the increase in temperature. Cant
be entirely sure though. This minor inconvenience is nothing compared
to not having a pump. We really notice it now that we are doing redux
mixes with scales. Mind you we had the original wings, I suspect that
there is a lot less resin mixing needed for the XS.

Ed

Quoting Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>:

> >Father Christmas brought me a resin pump which I am finding very
> useful.
> >This morning however, I found a small pool of resin under one of
the
> >nozzles.  I had to 'prime' the pump to refill the outlet pipe and
chuck
> away
> >the bit that came out incorrectly mixed.  Is this a normal
occurrence
> and
> >should I prime the pump and waste resin every time I use it?
>
> Mine doesn't seem to drip that I know of - but then I do keep an old
> mixing cup uder the nozzles just in case. It's about half-full now
of
> the waste strokes I've had to make to clear the hardener delivery
> pipe, which seems to be prone to blockage if left idle for any
length
> of time. Ditto the valve in the bottom of the hardener reservoir.
For
> the price, you'd think they could make all the steel parts stainless
> and avoid these slight corrosion effects.
>
> regards
>
> Rowland
>

> | PFA 16532   EAA 168386   Young Eagles Flight Leader 017623
> | Europa builder #435 G-ROWI
>
> The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
info@avnet.co.uk

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm