resin pump [was: wet close out's]

Subject: resin pump [was: wet close out's]
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:15:47

>Father Christmas brought me a resin pump which I am finding very useful.
>This morning however, I found a small pool of resin under one of the
>nozzles.  I had to 'prime' the pump to refill the outlet pipe and chuck away
>the bit that came out incorrectly mixed.  Is this a normal occurrence and
>should I prime the pump and waste resin every time I use it?

Mine doesn't seem to drip that I know of - but then I do keep an old
mixing cup uder the nozzles just in case. It's about half-full now of
the waste strokes I've had to make to clear the hardener delivery
pipe, which seems to be prone to blockage if left idle for any length
of time. Ditto the valve in the bottom of the hardener reservoir. For
the price, you'd think they could make all the steel parts stainless
and avoid these slight corrosion effects.

regards

Rowland