RE: fuel tank install

Subject: RE: fuel tank install
From: Nick Hammond <nick.hammond@saabsystems.com.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 07:34:45
Kevin,

>scuff sanding the the tank, should I
No -- the layups are supposed to hold the tank without being bonded to it.
Long term they will probably de-bond from the tank (although reports from
Tony K and others who have had to remove them to reposition the tank suggest
that this may take a long time.

>best with no spacing at all at the top rear of tank and a good half inch
top front
For what it's worth, mine was the same.

>is the saddle layup, #2, supposed to go around the whole saddle
No - only over the horizontal and sloping sections of the tank/tunnel (see
section view -- fig 5 on page 16-3 of XS Manual)

I found layup 1 the hardest to get right (bubble free etc). If I was doing
it again I would remove the pitch torque tube before starting.

Best regards,

Nick Hammond
XS Monowheel 418