Rudder installation question

Subject: Rudder installation question
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:10:27

I am installing the rudder and on the port side, the post which attaches the
tailwheel cable contacts the fuselage skin and prevents the rudder from
moving to the left. Do I need to cut a slot there for the  rudder cable
attachment to allow full travel of the rudder? Something has to give and it
sure looks like it shouldn't be the metal post in the control system.

It would be a good idea for Europa to have on their web site some detailed
pictures of a finished airplane that builders could access. That would save
quite a few calls and queries over the Internet. I have some pictures of the
area in question I took at OSH this year, but I can't make out the detail
there.

I think I will suggest this next time I call.

Thanks,

Dave Anderson
A227