Corrosion treatment

Subject: Corrosion treatment
From: JohnDHeykoop@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 15:59:56

After 'lurking' on this site for some years I have now become a Europa
builder and have recently started work on the rudder.

The manual says nothing about corrosion treatment of the rudder and tail
plane hinges. Is it safe to leave these parts untreated?

If corrosion treatment is desirable, as I suspect is probably the case, then
I will need to alodyne the hinges before they are fitted to the rudder. I
know that alodyne can be obtained from Aircraft Spruce, but is there also a
UK source of supply?

John Heykoop
#536 mono wheel