Finishing/painting

Subject: Finishing/painting
From: Nobody <foo@bar.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:48:52
Hi all.

I have filled and sanded my Stabilizers prior to priming/painting. I'm doing
this
prior to fitting the top - to enhance the balancing procedure. The manual states
that a second bake must be done after filling - before priming, and my question
is: Is this really necessary??  My stuff is the British SP 106, with Expencell
that came with the kit - and for priming I'm going to use Hibuild from
SP.

My next problem is UV protection. Do I have to apply silver before paint, or can
I just spray on a layer of clear Polyurethane UV protection as final top coat?

I'm approaching this first painting of mine with a certain awe, and should be
very
glad if any of you "masters" out there could shed any light on this. (I'll
have a Pro doing the actual spraying though!).

Hans, #334