Re: Filling the panel

Subject: Re: Filling the panel
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:06:50
I have the uEncoder, and it is indeed an excellent item and
easy-to-build kit.  Calibration is not required, but I did observe its
bench test at an instrument shop, where they use test equipment with
1-foot resolution.  Amazing, and all the way up thru 20,000 feet.
Ditto the ASI.

The only quibble is that the backlit LCD display is a necessary
compromise in daytime contrast, aggravated by the small display
digits.  If you don't mind this on a crowded display like the
uMonitor, I'm sure it is of similar quality otherwise.

Regards,
Fred F., A063