Getting Hosed

Subject: Getting Hosed
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:44:58
The rubber filler hose supplied with my kit A079 in 1998 began swelling
and smelling strongly of gasoline after having auto gas in it for 5
weeks.  (As reported by others.)   Jim Thursby used red stripe marine
fuel hose.  Today, I read the spec sheets on that hose and the
manufacturer states it can be used to pass gasoline but it cannot be
left in contact with the hose because gasoline will attack the material.

Somebody needs to find an acceptable substitute.  There must be lots of
weeping hoses. Can the factory find a solution?  Andy?

Tom Friedland