Fuel Pressure

Subject: Fuel Pressure
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 01:52:36
Gentlemen/Ladies:
            I have been following this thread for several years mostly
because I never cease to read of complications which I never thought would
arise - ignorant of the threats. When I think of gangloading fuel cells for
every takeoff and assorted simple processes we were taught, I wonder what
ever kept us alive.
            Suddenly I am thrust into thye fray with my own machine and
having to puzzle out the threats myself.
            What I am wondering is:
Are we discussing Nigel's system (which I much admire) by alluding to faults
which cannot be combatted with a simple straightforward system? That is,
what is the simple system correction for pump failure, filter clog, or water
contamination, leaks - which is not available in Nigel's scheme of things?
            For instance, while I agree that aeration is a scourge which
might be made more dangerous by having both tanks feeding at once, is not
the Nigel method to turn off the bad one, once found? What is the simple
system answer to that?
signed, Querulous