Re: Fuel Pressure

Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 19:14:23
> One method of attacking pressure side vapor lock is a
> >restricting orifice and check valve in a return line to the tank.
> >This allows a small am't of cooling fuel to flow whether the engine
> >needs it or not.  Problem is engineering the orifice
> >
> >Regards,
> >Fred F., A063
>
> What's wrong with the orifice size recommended by Rotax (in their
> installation manual)?
> Would an AN flap valve be over-restrictive in the return line?
>
> Duncan McFadyean

I'm sure nothing wrong; "thousand pardons."  I know of only the 914,
where the return flow is metered by a regulator thingy bolted to the
airbox.  No orifice in the line mentioned in my manual, and they even
specify low resistance in the return line.  Does the 912 flow some
(orificed) fuel back from the pressure line?

In discussing all this stuff, I see it best to state which Rotax.  On
the 914 vs. vapor lock, the fuel line run to the air box is a short
one, so maybe much less an issue.

Regards,
Fred  F.