Re: Fuel Pressure

Subject: Re: Fuel Pressure
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:13:02
>  As a result of the recent discussion on fuel pressure I thought I might
> add my viewpoint to the forum.
> <snip>
> This system has the following benefits.
>
> 1. In the event of the mechanical side failing due to blockage, leakage or
> vapour lock the pressure switch automatically brings on the electrical pump
> supplying fresh cool fuel from a different source direct to the
> carburettors.

My concern with this setup is that the electric pump side is very vunerable to
vapor lock - while the pump is off there will be fuel sitting in the fuel
lines on the hot side of the firewall (since you merge the two lines after the
mechanical pump) getting hotter and hotter.  After a while the line will be
filled with vapor.  Will this cause vapor lock?  Some of my reading on the
subject implies that it can.

The only other problem is the cost of having two gascolators.

Brian