Re: Thank you!

Subject: Re: Thank you!
From: Ira Rampil <rampil@anesthes.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:59:25
Hi Svein,

I too would strongly favor connectors for the panel.
AMP or other mil-spec aero connectors are pricy but highly available.
Newark electronics and Digikey catalogs are full of these guys.
Consider also putting windows for access panel backside access into
the firewall.  I really like the approach used at FlightCrafters for
access with
two non-finger scraping ports.

BTW, I just returned from my third building episode at FlightCrafters and
really
enjoyed it.  The Cocokit module is now reduxed in, the fuel tank secured
as are the bearings
and trim bulkhead for the stabilator.  Not bad for 4 days work with
Russell!

I'll also note, that at Russell and Bob's advise I upgraded the fuel
tubing to at least automotive
standards from that supplied by the factory. I plan on an Andair
gascolator as well, but have not gotten there quite yet.

Regards,

Ira
A224