Re: Port Skins

Subject: Re: Port Skins
From: Dave DeFord <davedeford@home.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:39:26
I'd like to add another perspective to Tony's comments.  The first time we
encountered a building problem that couldn't be made exactly "right" by any
feasible fix, I really felt like I would rather just build another kit than
have an airplane that wasn't precisely the way it should have been.  By the
time we had finished, there were a couple more of these problems,
representing bad parts, bad instructions, and plain old builder's errors.  I
would guess that few builders get by without running into any of these.  If
you do a reasonable job of fixing the discrepancies, even though they aren't
exactly as you might have wished, I can assure you that you will end up with
a very nice airplane, and those problems won't significantly diminish your
enjoyment of the final result.

Dave DeFord
N135TD