Re: Port Wing Skins

Subject: Re: Port Wing Skins
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:34:53
For what it is worth I have spoken to Andy Draper of Europa (UK) about this
problem and it seems the "manufacturing fault" is very easy to correct with
a minimum of effort (about 2 hours work !).

A phone call to the Europa support team  (in the UK) will enable them to
advise you on the simple fix needed. Their phone number is 44 1751 431773.
They will probably fax or e-mail the instructions to you.

Alternately e-mail roger@europa-aircraft.com or neville@europa-aircraft.com

I believe they are even willing to undertake the work if you can ship the
part to them however they have quite correctly pointed out that the shipping
costs you will incur far outweigh the insignificant cost of doing the work
yourself.

---From a legal standpoint you are right when you say it is their
responsibility to correct the fault which as I understand it they are more
than happy to do (at the factory) but it is unfortunately the customers
responsibility to return the faulty item to the manufacturer for replacement
or repair. It would be the same situation if you bought a pair of faulty
shoes (for example) from a store.

Europa have in fact come up with a simple solution that will save both time
and money in unnecessary shipping of parts and minimises disruption to
building schedules.

If I have got this wrong I am sure someone will let me know.

Happy building

Carl P

PS - I note that you originally sent your communication to Keith Wilson four
days ago and would be a little surprised if you had not already received a
reply from him or Andy Draper. Perhaps you could let us know what his
response was and if my understanding is correct.

Originally Europa was u