Re: Fuel smell in cockpit

Subject: Re: Fuel smell in cockpit
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 01:19:30
>I have been watching with interest the exchanges on the Forum about fuel
>smells. My Europa exhibits this problem during and immediately after
>take-off, but only from time to time.

GK Whip used to smell occasionally, but the most regular smell was exhaust
fumes when the flaps were lowered for approach and final. I guessed it must
be coming in through the flap drive slots. We had fairings on the flaps
which sealed the slot , flaps up but there would turbulence flaps down.

It's possible fuel vapour during refueling could pool in the rear fuselage,
then get spread around after take off.

2 cents?

Graham