Marvellous Net!

Subject: Marvellous Net!
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:20:50
Enough! Thank you.................!
        Isn't is glorious?   I sent my SOS out at 1101 local, and the latest
answer came back at 1359.     I had to wait less than 3 hours for all of the
below:

I use white spirit (not sure if the same name is used in the States). Cheap
not very nasty and in my garage.

Try lighter fluid. Soak the adhesive for a few minutes with Ronson lighter
fluid (yellow bottle). Should wipe right off.

2 suggestions. I use a product called  "Goo-Gone" available in hardware
stores. It works pretty well and I use it all the time for little clean up
jobs. It doesnot leave a residue, leave it to soak a while for tough
applications. Before I stumbled on that product, I had pretty good success
with Brasso metal polish.

General Motors makes a solvent called Bug, Tar and Adhesive  Remover.  Try
any GM dealer

Fergus, try plain old vegetable oil (cooking oil). It usually will take
adhesive off easily.

try something labeled paint (not lacquer) thinner,You can also use some
household items such as vegetable oil, peanut oil, olive oil, etc., which
are also non-polar

non-polar solvents are usually most effective against tape adhesives, and
other gummy residues.  Kerosene, naphtha, mineral spirits, lighter fluid,
and the like