Re: Liberty

Subject: Re: Liberty
From: DuaneFamly@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:52:10
So does this beg the question?

1)Is the Continental engine a viable alternative in the Europa?
2)Would it fit in the current design or would major modifications be required?
3)What effect would this choice of engine have on the performance specs? ie:
Landing
& Takeoff distances, climb performance, cruise speed, top speed, range,
and payload.
4)What higher maintenance costs?

I could see why a monowheel Europa would steer clear considering the problems
that
a prop strike would cause. But a trike would be safer.

Just my 2 cents/pennies worth of questions.

Mike Duane San Jose, California