Re: Windshield timing

Subject: Re: Windshield timing
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 11:04:37
>I personally don't agree there is any significant distortion there.
>But should there be a little, wouldn't it make better sense to install
>the windshield after the engine, so that the windshield isn't under
>constant stress?
>
>Regards,
>Fred F., A063

The screen will stress relieve itself over time, especially if it
occasionally stands in hot sun for a few hours. Proper stress relief
procedure is to heat to 90 degrees C, hold for a couple of hours then
slowly cool down for about 10 hours or so. (Softening starts to occur at
120 and above ) There is no sharp melting point.

Graham