RE: Corollary to Hot'nHigh

Subject: RE: Corollary to Hot'nHigh
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:57:52

>And why 'some' Europa pilots fly along the runway in ground effect until
>they reach 70 knots, do a rapid (1300fpm solo on a 912) flaps down
>ascent at that speed to 300 feet with their CS prop in takeoff mode....
>and then continue the climb, flaps up, from that point.
>Tony

Once or twice, in Europas with the Mac trim switch on top of the stick, I
have taken off with the trim accidentally disturbed to nose up. Getting
clumsy with a clipboard perhaps. This also happens , on some but not all
Europas, if you perform a go round with the trim set for a glide approach.
I don't know what is the critical feature that causes this trim change with
power. Any ideas from aerodymix whizzards would be worth hearing.

The point of this waffle is that you have to push hard on the stick to keep
the speed safe. I think this scenario was the last straw involved in my
camel's demise.
If someone learns from one of my mistakes I will be pleased.
Graham