Glass cockpits ahoy!

Subject: Glass cockpits ahoy!
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:17:21
Those of you who were lucky enough to get to Oshkosh this year, or those of you,
like me, who get Aviation Consumer magazine, noticed an amazing array of glass
cockpits.  Check out www.aviationconsumer.com.  Their September issue describes
a bunch of new EFIS products, including two that shrink the entire 6-pack into
a PDA!
A la Anywheremap.  And-the Air Data and Heading/Attitude Reference electronics
are
all electronic!  Big problem, though - the display runs on Windows CE.  But for
$1500,
what do you want?

Also, check out Greg Richter's EFIS-1 at www.bluemountainavionics.com.  10"
daylight
readable screen, EFIS and moving map on a splitscreen, plus engine instruments,
plus
performance recording, plus 12-channel GPS, plus tons more, and - it runs
assembly
code!
No op sys problems!
Again, all-electronic ADHARS, $9600.

Still, I think I'd prefer the SKYMAP for nav and the EFIS-1 for EFIS.

Gee, all you guys (like me) who are two years away from flying, just imagine how
cheap
(and light) your all-glass cockpit will be when it's time to stuff the panel!

Shaun