Re: XS wing construction

Subject: Re: XS wing construction
From: Mike Gamble <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:46:04
Thanks again for the responses. After consulting the factory I fitted two
ally strips below the bellcrank brackets thus gaining what I consider to be
minimal acceptable clearance for the push rod. Spacer thickness was limited
by having to retain enough thread for the nut to latch on to. (The xs wing
has the bracket fixing bolts already bedded into the spar .) Holes in the
ribs needed quite a bit of adjustment too.  The problem with the flap arms I
am still working on. I'm told that new slightly longer arms were produced
after Dec.99 and I expect these will make correct alignment of the flap with
the wing possible  to achieve without too mush mismatch with the W18's. In
the meantime I am getting on with balance weight fitting.bject: Re:
XS wing construction

;