Re: Stall Warner

Subject: Re: Stall Warner
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:15:13
>As this product will not affect the stall speed of the aircraft it might
>obviate the need to fit stall strips provided the stall strips are not
>required to modify the characteristics of the stall itself.
>Nigel Charles

IMHO stall strips are advisable to tame the flaps down stall. Think about
the situation when the plane is flying under full power, quite stable but
below power off stall speed. Then the engine quits. Instant stall and no
warning or time to do anything.
If you think it will never happen to you, I hope you are right. It did
happen to me.

Graham