Fuel smell in Europa's

Subject: Fuel smell in Europa's
From: Paul McAllister <paul.mcallister@qia.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 10:33:46
Hi All,

I recently took a flight in N912EA, the trigear demonstrator from Lakeland
and I noticed a fuel smell after we had done a wing over. John Hurst was
telling me that the pipe between the tank and the filler tube was prone to
"Weeping".

I was wondering if this was a common problem, and possibly the hose was not
really intended for fuel.  Is there a better type of hose available, or
would the inside of the hose and joints do better if coated with "Pro Seal"
or some other similar fuel tank sealant ?

Paul McAllister (363)