Re: Canoe top & Engine Installation

Subject: Re: Canoe top & Engine Installation
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:28:45
I didn't do that, but I hope I was OK.  In bouncing on the engine to
check out the tri-gear bungees, I saw no flexing anywhere that would
make this a concern.  Pleasingly solid even.

Calling on my fake engineering degree, I figure, look, the engine
exerts loads premised on one 1G.  In flight, the structure is
designed to withstand another 1.9 negative G's, probably 2.85 or
more G's under kit A/C design norms.  By logical extension, some
1/8" unreinforced plastic is then a critical component to sustain
in-flight loads.  Tough stuff that Perspex!

Regards,
Fred F., A063