Re: Canoe top & Engine Installation

Subject: Re: Canoe top & Engine Installation
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 08:18:56
Opposite for me: I plan to attach the top when I can't put it off any
longer: tub is in a rigid jig, and top gets skin-pinned on when required for
position or stiffness...

Miles

> Cleve,
> Definitely bond the 'canoe' together before  mounting the engine to give
it rigidity. Also to paint the fuselage separately, much easier. My machine
is
> upside down in the garage at present getting filled and painted.
> Cheers,
> Tim
>
> clevelee@cswebmail.com wrote:
>
> > Friends,
> > Can any of you comment as to whether I would be well advised to do the
installation of the engine prior to bonding on the fusulage top to the
canoe?

> > It seems as though it would be easier running the plumbing and electrics
prior to bonding on the top?  Any recommendations?