RE: Realistic airspeeds

Subject: RE: Realistic airspeeds
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 06:26:07

Anecdotaly, when I flew the 400 or so miles to Skye with an 115 kg
passenger (18st 3lb), I couldn't detect any significant effect on
cruise OR efficiency (from a one up load). My figures have always
been fairly consistent. I would have thought differently.

Maybe it's just lost in the noise. Practice may be different from
theory.

Alan (approaching 400 Europa hours)

PS. Except that I'm getting a little faster over the years. Perhaps my
aim is getting better !