aileron root closeout

Subject: aileron root closeout
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 13:31:50
Thanks to all who replied, port aileron root closeout went well this
morning. I decided to not follow the manual exactly. After getting the
hardware to trial fit well on the foam, measuring the 35mm and 45mm
dimensions with a couple calipers, I microed, floxed the corner and laid in
the first bid layer. I rapid floxed the bolt to the A2 just to keep it from
spinning. Then floxed that A2 in place checking position with the calipers.
Then 2 layers of bid over the bolt (did it dry first so there was a little
hole in each piece of bid for the bolt). Then Ann peeled the masking tape
off the bolt with clean gloves and put washer/spacer/washer/nut on. She has
slim fingers. Peelplyed and checked position with the calipers, looks good.
Now when I get to hinge placement I guess I measure with a caliper to get
the hinge wire to bolt dimensions the same.
                                                                      Thanks
again, Kevin Klinefelter

A211 Bishop CA