Re: Pulsing Instruments

Subject: Re: Pulsing Instruments
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:04:14
I was once on a rinky-dink airline flight (Embraer 120), and thru the
curtains behind the flight deck I heard 'em discussing a somewhat
similar problem.  Still went in solid IMC to Detroit, in icing no
less.  Must be OK ;)

What strobes you got?  My single Whelen cycles between 2.2A and 3.8A,
so a double power supply could swing even more especially if sync'd.

Your battery should have sufficient capacity for this, even w/o the
engine running.  Just guessin, but maybe inadequate wire gauge feeding
the power panel, or resistance in a connection thereto.

Regards,
Fred F., A063

MJKTuck@cs.com wrote:

> I have noticed that whenever I turn on my Strobes the current draw is
> noticeable in as much as all the instruments pulse - voltmeter, engine
> instruments, tacho even the panel and instrument backlighting which is > >
> kind
of weird to look at!