Re: Roll Trim Tab

Subject: Re: Roll Trim Tab
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:25:49
Talk also to Jim Thursby at Lakeland.  He did the aileron section method.
Apparently about a 2"x9" tab is the right size.  Jim used the base flange of
the S9 servo as the plate - there's precious little room in
the aileron, and you have to shove the trim servo hard up against the nose
of the aileron.  Also check the
archives and the Builder's Compendium ( plug for Rowland...) for suggestions
on this topic.

Making a miniature of the aileron leading edge + hinge flange, especially
---From a finished aileron, is
quite fun.  Very careful work with a LOONG keyhole saw blade is needed to
cut the tab section out.
Better to start with an unglassed aileron?

Shaun Simpkins
ss