Kits For Sale

Subject: Kits For Sale
From: Keith Tallent <ktallent@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 20:11:41
I have just had an interesting email from someone else who like me is trying
to sell their part finished Europa Kit and has found the same as me,
something I find slightly disconcerting.

I have had my almost complete stage one kit up for sale for almost 3 months
now, in that time I have had some people who seem VERY interested in buying
the kit, that is until they talk to the factory.
I have always told potential buyers that they should talk to the factory, to
see about the availability and prices of the next stages of the kit which
obviously is always one of the questions asked.
Everytime I have done this the potential buyer has come back to me saying
that he was no longer interested, once because the factory had "..put him
off buying someone elses work.." another time because they had offered the
purchaser "a heavy discount" on a new kit.
Now fairplay to Europa I know they are in the business of selling kits, but
surely the figure they should be trying to increase is the total number of
kits flying, not just the total number of kits sold, after all the wider
that figure gets, the worse it looks for them!

I could of course be being spun a line buy my potential purchasers but
having just found out that another seller has experienced the same, I am
very worried about the prospects of selling my part finished kit!

How about Europa actually setting up a list of builders with kits for sale,
and pointing perspective buyers our way if they want a head start. That way
they are assisting not only us but themselves, after all my kit still
requires stages 2,3,4 and engine and guess who will be getting all that
money!

I would be grateful of opinions from the list and Europa (Andy - if you
could pass this on).

regards
Keith Tallent
(Kit 221)