Re: Short Tri-gear legs

Subject: Re: Short Tri-gear legs
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:20:58
Rob, is this based on an engineering analysis?  If not, I assume the
fulcrum is where the socket tube emerges from the fuselage, and if you
move the fulcrum, the leverage on the short arm inside increases at
least linearly.

Rather than engineering, any bets can be settled with the simplified
drop test in FAA regs.  Load her to gross, hoist to 18.7 inches, and
cut the rope.  Who gonna hold the bets? :)

Regards,
Fred F., A063