Re: Short Tri-gear legs

Subject: Re: Short Tri-gear legs
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:22:50
I recall something like that, and it was about a 1/2".  I just lowered
the fuselage in its cradle by 1/2", to preserve the other dimensions.
I figured there was little magic to the fuse height (except to result
in a little more nose up), but gear position fore/aft is important,
along with caster, toe-in, etc.  Bonding the gear leg sockets as you
describe I think will increase stresses on wood ribs and fuselage.  Of
course, you can always mitigate that with a panel placard, "Hard
Landings Prohibited." :)

Regards,
Fred F., A063