Re: Cutting access panels

Subject: Re: Cutting access panels
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 10:27:47
If you don't want to deal with a 1/8" gap around the plate using
Dremel's bit, there are 1/8" shank bit assortments available that
include drills and rasps and such down to real tiny sizes.  E.g.,
www.harborfreight.com has various assortments ($3-$10), "Solid Carbide
Micro Bit Grab Bag," items 34640-1BRB, 34640-3BRA, and 42881-0BRA.
They show up also in surplus electronics stores.

Regards,
Fred F., A063

EuropaChris@netscape.net wrote:

> That's a good tip, Steve.  Hmmm, let me see.  My Dremel is an antique,
> purchased
in the mid 1980's when I worked in a hobby shop in high school.  It won't
accept the router attachments.  However, my father-in-law has a newer version
that the router base will fit on.  I'll go borrow his, buy a router base, and
voila!  I can draw a template on AutoCad, cut a piece of 1/8th inch ply as a
guide
and tack it to the wing with hotglue.  Then just follow the template around
with the router base and I'll have a perfect cutout!  Yeah!!!!

> Shaun Simpkins had an equally kool idea - use a sharp compass or circle jig
> and
cut a ROUND access panel!