RE: Wing root fairings

Subject: RE: Wing root fairings
From: ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 14:41:11
Hi! All
The best way is to complete the filling/fuselage
paint job prior to locating the wing fillets
(that means leaving the wing paint jobs 'till
after) Then you can position the fillets exactly
with minimum clearance with all assembled.
Otherwise you finish up cutting the fillets back
to even get the wings connected. This way no
silicone sealant is needed to fill any gaps etc.
and if necessary a thickness of paper packing
between the fillet and the fuselage side when
attaching the fillets reduces the likelyhood of
scuffing later.
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG

Quoting Rob Housman <robh@hyperion-ef.com>:

> The gap is essentially zero.  In the Tri-Gear
Manual, Issue 2, 30 July
> 1999,
> page 27-22 are the instructions on how to use
silicone sealant to fill
> the
> gap (after painting, or else the paint won't
stick).  I presume the
> other
> versions of the manual have similar
instructions.

> Best regards,
>
> Rob Housman

root fairing and the
> side
> of the fuselage should be?  I would like to
have a contact fit for
> aesthetics and drag reduction but I am
concerned that the paint on the
> fuselage might get chaffed due to wing flex.
Is this a concern or not?

> Thanks
>
> Erich Trombley
> A28ET

less!

Network UK - info@avnet.co.uk

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators
Network UK - info@avnet.co.uk

This mail sent through UK Online webmail