Wheel AND wing configuration

Subject: Wheel AND wing configuration
From: Glenn Rainey <cbsiftcb@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 05:22:31
Sitting at the earliest Stage 1, build delayed by our new son (not a
complaint, Thomas!!(:>), I can still enjoy the debate on build
options.

Is there to date enough experience with the SLMG (TMG?) (glider wing)
configuration to comment on handling compared with the short-wing?

1. thinks that the rotational inertia of the big wing ought to
stabilise the bird at t/o and landing (by analogy with the
dismasted-yacht scenario).

2. have never had much problem with monowheel gliders, personally -
but with 15m span, well,  hmmmmmm.....

3. well, which wheel configuration might be best for SLMG ?????

(apologies - have not asked Europa Ac these pertinent questions...)

Cheers folks

Glenn

UK XS 344