RE: Jabiru 3300

Subject: RE: Jabiru 3300
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:13:11
Hi!All and  "Euro/Jabs" (Including Bill Mclelland)
At long last I have some Thrust line info for the 3300 installation.
ST Aviation confirm that on Europa's recommendation the 3300 is mounted
2" higher than the Rotax 912. and although ST say no offset is necessary but
since G-PTAG has a slight tendency to turn right and needs a small tab
offset to the port side of the rudder you could get the necessary amount by
putting
one or two aluminium packing washers in the port side engine to engine mount
pair only. (surplus to requirement in the engine kit)
I'm sorry it still needs some input to determine the actual without
reference to the Rotax position but this is the best I can do.
ST Aviation will (subject to not treading on any ones toes!)  sell their
3300 engine mounts at GBP 450 plus freight.( I can vouch that it is "GOOD
GEAR" by a CAA approved welder with certified traceable origin material and
he provides a certificate.
Hopefully you have all noted my advices about the turning round of the top
engine mount rubbers? (the factory have not yet been prepared to acknowledge
this yet!)
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG