Re: Control stick diameter

Subject: Re: Control stick diameter
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:02:00
>  However, my CS01's are bored at 11/4" but I have since
>bought the optional 1" diam. sticks  -  which come with a Tufnel sleeve to
>fit the 11/4" ID.
>This makes it easy to fit the Mac Stick-grips.
>Ron Jones. XS  G-RJWX.

How many are flying with Mac stick grips with the pitch trim buttons on the
top of the stick?
We had this arrangement on GK Whip and once or twice it caught me out.
After doing pre take off checks I remember once leaning on the top of the
stick grip briefly with a map or similar, then taking off and finding the
airplane trimmed badly nose up. This results in the necessity for a good
push on the stick for as long as it takes to re trim and significantly adds
to the workload at a critical time.
When we examined the aircraft after the accident (6 months after, that is
!) we found the pitch trim somewhat more nose up than it should have been.
Could be that was one of the extra problems that added up to disaster.
Graham