RE: Engine Thrustline

Subject: RE: Engine Thrustline
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:06:57
Hi! Guys.
G-PTAG engine crank case looks down 0.2 of a degree relative to the Port
side door cill. I am no authority on this but I believe the crank /prop
centre line is 2" higher than the Rotax. I also think there should be 1/2
degree offset but there again it may be 1.5 deg.!, which G-PTAG hasn't got
therefore needing a small tab on the left/port rudder.
I'm interested to know how stiff the rubber is on your engine mount rubbers.
You will note from my examples on the "bin" web site that I had to put the
top rubbers back to front? Don't forget to  do this , I would suggest it is
logic which ever type of rubber you have. You need the static engine weight
to pull the back plate ON TO THE RUBBER SPIGOT. The bottom one is OK for
static load as the book instructs. I also made up a couple of the aluminium
retaining bushes at 1/2" larger diameter for the top mounts. Looks much
happier!
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG

Regards