Flying (UK only): 'Foot and Mouth'

Subject: Flying (UK only): 'Foot and Mouth'
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:35:10

I guess it is a critical situation for livestock farmers up and down the
country.

There were 20 new cases yesterday. I think that's the worst daily tally
yet.

---From what I read, they had hoped that initial restrictions would confine
the disease to those
animals in contact with the original outbreak.  It looks increasingly
likely that the disease has
spread further, and these restrictions may be with us for some time to
come.

Useful links for pilots concerned with the contamination issue:

         http://www.ais.org.uk/filestor/A8.TXT

appears to detail the temporarily restricted areas. (of which there are
a great many !!)

Does anyone have any other links which give details regarding flying in
the current situation ?

Alan

Much of the material on the National Air Traffic website is in PDF
(portable document format)
which you will need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 4 or
later) software in order to read.
You can get this from the www.ais.org.uk front page, or from Adobe
directly at:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html