Re: Re: Storing Decanted Hardener

Subject: Re: Re: Storing Decanted Hardener
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:47:02

Chris and Susan Beck wrote:

> Interesting, Tony.  We've not had any problem with the harder sweating through
the
> plastic soft drink/water bottles.  They get crusty on the outside from grubby
> gloves during the layup, but that's it.  I belive these types of bottles are
LDPE.

I've had no trouble with the resin, but the water bottles (usually store
bought "spring" water) I've used react to the hardener in some fashion,
becoming brittle and ultimately porous at the bottom.  I've switched to
a thick plastic bottle previously used to store eye wash solution.  So
far so good, but who knows?

Steve G.