Re: Best CG location

Subject: Re: Best CG location
From: ami mcfadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:16:34
I entirely agree with your analysis. The downside of a rearward CG is that
stability is reduced, as you indicate, and the aircraft requires more skill
to fly.
This is an inherent feature of many homebuilt designs (Europa excepted), for
the deliberate purpose of   improving performance. This coupled with small
and short tailplane (low tail "volume") is why many homebuilts have
near-neutral stability.

Duncan McFadyean