Re: electrics

Subject: Re: electrics
From: ami mcfadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 20:51:56
Its bad practice to totalise your maximum load across a number of paralleled
contacts of lesser individual rating. As one of the contacts starts to get
old and degrades (or degrades for reasons other than age, or is just a bad
contact) the other contact(s) become instantly overloaded, resulting in
progressive failure of both.

One way around this is to keep the loads/circuits split to different groups
of consumers AFTER passing through the multipin connector; this doesn`t
really involve any substantial increase in weight of wiring.

Duncan mcFadyean