Re: Going top-less

Subject: Re: Going top-less
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@intercept.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:24:24
Fred,

Following a spate of "Unplanned" door departures in flight on some of
the earlier Europas, the factory carried out some tests, flying with
both doors removed.
Far from planting the pilot at the bottom a smoking hole, the flights
were reported as being "quite pleasant". I seem to recall it being
described as the "Europa Cabriolet" by test pilot Andy Draper.
These tests were only intended to confirm the safe flying
characteristics in the event of a loss of door in flight and it was
never intended to promote the deliberate removal of doors.

Nigel